The Janissary recruited them to stake out a Free Council Lorehouse and obtain an artifact that was to be transported from an area Lorehouse to a more secure Atheneum.
The members of the pylon began to stake out the address they were given in the neighborhood of Saint Denis. They innocuous upper level of the strip-mall revealed itself to be a lorehouse and an entourage of guards arrived to deliver a courier.
As the courier, a mage with unkempt brown hair, went into an unassailable chamber of the lorehouse and left the building.
The action commenced…
- The Magician stole and enhanced a compact car, used it to ram the courier’s car.
- Guards immediately began to spill out of the car and…
- The Tower put a hole in one of the guards and he dropped to the pavement.
- The courier and threw up a shield of shadows.
- The Tower was badly wounded by a tricky bit of magic.
- The Hanged Man, The Heirophant and The Magician disabled the rest of the guards and knocked out the would be courier.
Before being unceremoniously strangled and dumped in Twilight, the pentacle couriers thoughts revealed his suspicions about an American named Grant and the address the the phony parcel was supposed to be delivered.